Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teamwork! (Day +51)

Well it's been a while since we updated the blog and really, not a lot has changed. Max is still troubled by the GVHD of the skin and gut. Depending on the light or our spirits, sometimes it looks like it's receding, other times it looks like it is getting angrier. He's back on the intravenous feeds so hopefully this will give his belly a bit of a rest and fatten him up. That said, he has seemed a little chirpier and more talkative over the past couple of days so we are praying that these are signs that he's slowly on the mend.



As you all know, Max can give a high five just like the best of them. After sharing a high five with him the other evening, Max randomly exclaimed 'Teamwork'! Wow, what a touching sentiment, I thought. Max then began to talk about one of his favourite shows 'Grandpa in my pocket', which as the title suggests revolves around the hijinks of a boy called Jason and his Grandpa who on putting on a magical shrinking cap shrinks to the size of a star wars figurine and gets in to all sorts of hijinks. Max then requested that we watch 'Grandpa in my pocket' on my computer. So I looked it up on the internet and came across the website for the show, which fortunately featured some videos. As one of the episodes came to a close, Grandpa gave Jason a high five and then said 'Teamwork!'. Wow, I was dumbstruck. As it turns out Max was quoting from a TV show he hadn't watched for at least two months!

Thankyous:

  • Kate, Tom & Isobel for the box of goodies. They were appreciated by all.
  • Pip for taking Bee out to dinner
  • Judith for another beautiful card. You too are in our thoughts
  • Claire for the lend of the DVDs. All winners!
  • Friends from Rossbourne for a lovely card full of good wishes
  • And to Oma, Opa, Mawa and Mapa for their continued love, support and presents!


Cheers,

Tim

5 comments:

  1. Just great to see that smile on Max's face. Glad to hear that he is bit more chipper and back to enjoying his favorites!

    Take care,

    Sumathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. max is right on the ball....teamwork a la trio de starke!!hang in there trio

    love

    xxxxxxxxxxxsandra and peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still praying for you guys every night! Oh, how I hate to see these monsters attacking these little boys! I swear, I think the only reason Ayden flew through his BMT so well is because God knew I wasn't strong enough to handle any more than what I did. You guys are very strong indeed. Again, you're in our prayers!

    Take care,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little guy. I will add him to my prayer list. I'm hopeful he will recover and that these signs are just his way of saying, "My new immune system is taking over, so just give me a little time and I'll be fine."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there

    Hang in there guys you are doing well! Talking about Grandpa in my Pocket (not my fav but definately Oscars) Try Captain Mack (ABC 2) its a cross btw Star Trek/Dr Who and lots of english humor -pantomime style, Oscar just loooooves it and its just cracks me up!!!! Sat am 8.40ish. Big hugs for you esp Max, he is a brave & strong boy -love Claire & Oscar

    ReplyDelete